Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Let it Go! Let it Go!

If we were to look in someone else's closet and see how much baggage they were hiding we would be in aw. There was a picture I once saw of this lady who was carrying a lot of bags, each bag had words on it such as fear, hurt, rejection, and etc. The photo made me think of how we carry around baggage and bring it into our present relationships. Whether it be relationships with friends or with a significant other. Carrying all that baggage around with us makes it harder on us. If someone once hurt us we think everyone is out to get us. We put a guard up and choose to not let anyone in because we're afraid they might do the same. 

For awhile I used to hold on to my baggage and carry with me everywhere I went. I had so much anger,hurt, fear and bitterness in me from the past. I had a hard time letting people in and trusting them. I used to be angry and bitter towards men because I held on to so much stuff. I used to look for all the bad things in a guy. I pushed guys who tried talking to me away. When they asked why don't  you want to talk to me anymore I would tell them these exact words "I'm afraid your going to hurt me". Then one day  it hit me. I said Bria how are going to eve get in relationship romantic or friendship if you think every person  is going to hurt you. You can't keep carrying things that happened in the past around with you. It's time to let it go. Not every one is the same. You'll meet some people  who aren't any good and some who don't want to do any harm to you. At that moment I asked God to heal me. The healing process takes awhile. I got through it. I then prayed and asked God to help me forgive and forget. 


No comments:

Post a Comment